Sunday, July 28, 2013

Branum's Animal Crackers



   Ah, good ol' Barnum's Animal Crackers. I loved eating these as a kid...wait a minute! I still love eating these fun animal crackers! Ha!

However, I am not still loving their package design. C'mon guys, time for an update!

I decided to redesign their packaging as a personal project. I wanted to make it more fun, and more kid friendly but keep true to the circus theme we all know and love.

I started out with this layout.


I was very happy with it. I gave more character to the animals and made them the circus performers instead of a side show. Also, I thought that an environment might add more to their story as a circus. However, when I began to add color it just wasn't working out.

 
Sure the animals looked great but no matter what color background I painted it clashed with the characters.
Also, for such a small box, I realized this stile wouldn't look clean enough.

So I decided to go vector and vuala!


I removed the background and made the tent come forward. This instantly made the animals the focus and the tent more of a pattern. I still have to tweak the gradient on the title, but other than that I'm very pleased on how it came out.

I will post the finished product later on this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment